Monday, February 28, 2011

Granny Squares

When I bought this magazine I wanted to make the one on the cover called, "Granny Squares."  I lucked up one day when I walked into Quilts Bayou in Lake Charles, La and saw they were offering this quilt as a block of the month. Yeah!  I don't have to think about the colors which I happen to be bad at.  Each month they give you 3 squares to sew and as of today I'm all caught up and I'm ready for March.  There is alot of seam matching on this one so I'm kind of glad that it's only 3 a month.  On to something else now.

5 comments:

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

It is gorgeous. I love this quilt. If I didn't have so many irons in the fire I would make it. See you soon..........

Cindy said...

That's beautiful. Those blocks look like they are a lot of work. Great job.

Bethany said...

Oh..very pretty. I thought about doing this quilt and realized I don't have the time. Finding a BOM makes this quilt much more managable.

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! That looks so warm and inviting...

Barb said...

That is awesome...and is such a wonderful quilt!