Monday, August 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday



I have finally finished my dad's birthday quilt and since my grandson has been staying with us every other week I haven't been able to sew as much.  You can't take your eyes off of him. LOL.  We went on vacation to Cheyenne, Wyoming and had a great time even though it was very hot.  The Frontier Day's Parade was wonderful.  On our way home we stopped at Pike's Peak in Colorado, I do not ever want to go back up there.  My wonderful husband let me stop and shop at about 6 to 8 quilt shops on this trip, I had a app on my phone listing quilt shops in our area and he would go find them and let me look around. Of course I had to buy something at each shop :) This quilt is a free pattern of Judy's at patchworktimes.com

1 comment:

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

Many, many moons ago, we went to Pikes Peak. It was so foggy (clouds) that you could see. There was a huge bus in front of us, so we followed it. It stopped and we waited and waited and the bus did not move. Jim decided to get out of the car to see what was going on. He discovered that the bus was parked in a parking lot at the top of Pike's Peak where the building is. That was an awful trip, and like you I am not going back.

Love your quilt. Your Dad will really like it.